Wednesday, June 11, 2008

insomniac mutants

Tatang please pay attention to the camera... Lyndon looks busier than I thought.
Marx, Bryan, Elson and the gorgeous Jaylord (who acts crazy again) at the Danger Room, hehe!
Come on guys, don't give me that mean look...I'm just taking some pics here, hehe!


Uncanny night

Intro: Life is a gamble. We always have to risk to get what we want in life. Even if it takes to climb mountains, our passion is always alive. But beyond anything else,
we share a friendship that has been tested by sacrifce and difficulties. We did something great and relevant through our friendship and our dream, nothing can take
the experience from us. Being Kuris Animators, we had fun under the sun.

Today, we only think of what we can do for the team. Go Uncanny Kuris!

Ronelo Hex: I stayed at home for the whole day. My brother, a seaman by profession arrived last week for a short vacation. We shared lots of talk and one particular passion-comicbooks.
In fact, he bought me three various x-men comicbooks for me. The best one (X-men #2 drawn by the legendary Jim Lee) was borrowed by Marx yesterday hoping he could share the same admiration
I had with Jim Lee. He sketched the X-men dynamically and beautifully. He was also one of American comicdom's prominent Illustrators. My fascination for his artworks started when I was in
high school.Until now, he takes my breath away every time I see his artworks. Don't ever think that I am one big over-confident artist. But I must tell you that my artistic stroke
was inspired and somehow have similarities with Jim Lee's works. I wanted to be his long-lost clone, hehe.

Marx Kadulom: What did he do today? Yeah right, he borrowed my beloved X-men#2 Comics. He wanted to copy Jim Lee's style in drawing and comicbook Illustrations. I know him too well. Marx has
big potential to become one of the best comic artists someday if he has the passion to enhance his talent. Before, I noticed this silent guy is very observant when it comes to drawing and exuded fine stroke.
In fact, if he didn't became an animator for Kuris or took up Nursing a few years ago, he could have been a comicbook illustrator. He amazed us with his dynamic animated works for Nino, The BEQUEST's main character as inspired by
The Avatar of Nicktoons. I happened to drop by their special project work tonight and I saw the other Kuris guys again. We walked a few kilometers at around 10pm to buy some dinner for everybody (pork inasal and rice-good combo for a generous guy who
spend his last money for us, hehe).

Aladin Samuragi: Mr. Miagao Kuris guy who loves fishing lately is here in the city again to join the special project team.I've heard he was texted by marx last Friday to start his assignment and had some little practice.
I have trust for this humble guy when it comes to responsibilities and commitment because he doesn't stop until he finish the job.He was indeed trying his best to cope up the new gadgets they were taught to use. He was trying so hard
using tablet and tech pen. But I know he's an arist and he'll be fine especially when we talk about his passion. Yeah, I remember his selfless effort when we are doing The BEQUEST before, the guy is very patient. His patience
will bring him far in life someday. But for tonight, we need to share a few sticks of pork inasal and packed rice to enjoy a fun-filled dinner with the group.

Lyndon Sly: Since last week, we were struggling hard to catch up with another sideline project I entrusted him. This guy is very persistent and is not afraid to risk. Though he was not around when made our previous projects, but who can deny the
talent and perseverance of this guy. He has gone through a lot of hardship in life, lived like a nomad and used his versatile talents to survive everything. He even confessed before coming to iloilo last week that he spend a few months living
in the mountains with his nomad artist pals. He was talking a lot of advenures and travels in the foot of Mt. Kanloan. One time they were caught by a rescue ranger in Mt. Kanlaon when they attempted to go near the volvano crater even if the
authorities prohibited treking near the crater. Now he's here, excited to take part in the new project we were tasked to lend our talent.As of this writing,
he was coloring his hentai drawings (for the sideline job I was mentioning earlier). Go ahead pal, impressed them, hehe.

Elson Zen: He was also around tonight with the team. As usual, he was so concerned with his low-batt cellphone and music stuff, hehe. That's the way he is and we enjoy his company. I think I made a mistake when we were asked to put his name in the list of those who wanted
to join the special project from our team. Supposedly, he should be under the list of graphic artists but becuase I was in a hurry, I included him in the computer programmers, hehe. Oh well, he was trying his best to cope up. Though the hard work isn't starting yet, I know he will
enjoy everything. The guy did a lot of great work in the past which include designing the model sheet of TASI and taking a part in The BEQUEST. Aside from talents, he also has a sense of humor. Most of the time, he acts funny and crazy when paired with Bryan and Brynh, hehe.

Jaylord Iron Warren: Amid his family problems of not impressing his mom for his persistence in animation and our projects, Jay is still optimistic with everything he does. I wish I could do something for him. I know how it feels when family problems is bothering you emotionally. But what can we do that's
the burden that we need to face as stuggling artists and animators. Sometimes, Jay shares his financial problems to us but that's okay with us. Each of us has the ear to listen and comfort each other. On the other hand, if I told him that I have a collection of
the new TV series of 3D/2D animated Transformer, he would jump and beg to borrow it. I'll take it as a suprise next day. I want him to be happy, you see.

Bryan Bravo: This quiet Kuris member always impress his project heads with his well-done art graphics. He has unique ways of doing things and bringing it out-of-the-box. Though he is serious sometimes, I know he has lots of good things to say about his craft and passion.
Every time I was watch him working, I always learn new things from him. Sometimes, I wish I have some of his unique ways in graphic arts and digital style of coloring. The guy is also the best animator of the team. He has brought our works to the next level amid the
lacking of standard facilities. I always say that he's a maverick. But his weakness is his silent nature and reserved personality--he's shy or hesitant to express his opinions most of the time. But we are proud of him even if we don't need to say it all the time.

Tonight, we will work until the dawn. No sleep and lots of laugh together after sharing a dinner of pork inasal and rice that we bought outside. I wish there's a lot of coffee tonight. Anyway, who needs it when we always knew that we can't sleep when the gang is having fun just like the old times.

No comments: