Friday, July 4, 2008

Here we are



Small Talk

Where all the Kuris animators have gone for the past few days?

They’re just around the city of Iloilo, doing their own stuff, making life better and dreaming something more…

“I miss you guys… san-o ko dra makadto sa Iloilo”, Ms. Racil Kenshin said in her text message. She was with the group through thick and thin since last year, making her one of the founding and most loyal Kuris animator girl around. Her specialty is more on the managerial aspect of the group and cooks tasty dinner, hehe.

“When will be the sure date to join the special project?... txt nyo lang ko ha”, Mr. Taburnok Amado is one big hardworking fellow who never forget to keep in touch with the group. Though he has his own freelance artist job in his hometown Pototan, this caring guy looks forward to work with his Kuris friends when the right time comes.

“Still busy with my autocad and 3D subject guys…dali na lang ko malakat a, hehe”, Brynh Bogart is unpredictable and funny. Though we miss him sometimes, we know that he’s doing great with his short courses needed for his employment outside the country in a few months time. The guy is a good artist and a nice dad to his baby girl.

“Where did you saw me?... regards lang dira sa tanan a, miz u guys muah!”, Ms. Janelyn Zyra enjoy her studies these days since she’s already in her third year in college. But she hopes to organize another reunion with the Kurisans when everybody is free. Go girl, we wish you well!

“Yes I’m in!”, for sure, Elson Zen will be joining the rest of the special project guys this month. He’s lucky to have Jay who introduced him to the project heads. The rest of us are still waiting but we are optimistic. I guess, his health is getting better compare to his condition a few months ago.

“I still have the same cellphone guys… my priority is to impress my mom”, Jaylord’s little lines and life story is one tearjearker, hehe (kidding, but it does). It’s always a big struggle to impress her mom who never believed his talent could get him somewhere. So in time with his pay from the project, their house was wacked by the recent typhoon crisis. Jay used his savings to help his family fixed their house. Good boy!

“Shhh make it a secret please… nga may bago ko nga cel”, Marx is always covered with “kadulom” and shadows with his little secrets. His latest secret: never tell everybody that he has a new phone. He likes to make other people and his family thinks that he has nothing (he means loitering with poverty). But he’s not with that good project pay, hmmmmm.

“I’m still with my girl”, says Maverick Bryan. This animator is really talented with his hand-drawn craft and with girls. Less talk but more on texting, hehe.

“My tattoos is my passion… diri ko ya happy guys”, Lyndon Sly uttered one time when we talk about his newly-scribbled tattoos. This man is full of wisdom he got from where he came from, he talks better with abstract arts and tattoos. He even wants to make it a dress code someday, hehe!

“I’m still sleepy”, Aladin Samuragi AKA Tatang said when I visited the special project guys in their HQ. It was broad daylight but Tatang loves to get a nap since he’s not been getting good sleep doing the special project lately.

“That’s life and we’ve got to live with it”, I love this line from Sir Karlo. I texted him this week saying sorry for not remembering him when the destructive typhoon made some mess in their house last week. But I know this dynamic animation instructor is strong-hearted and optimistic. We always look up to him when it comes to good advises and jokes. He is a great example of a humble yet talented artist.

As for me, my thoughts are focused for the proposal follow-ups, future Kuris projects, this little blog, my own personal blog (www.rslphoenix.blogspot.com) and catching the latest sci-fi films invading the silver screen. I’m tired now. I’m outta’ here!

Hex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post kuris. when is your project coming?