Friday, May 16, 2008

K-talk in review 1

Kuris--dream on!
Brynh S--you rock!

Jaylord V--autobots transform!



Racil N--do it girl!




Karlo S--inspire us!




Marx S--fly avatar!



Bryan J---Go maverick!

Best of K-Talk (part 1)

Sometimes the best things that happened in our life are tattoed in our mind. But we are in a vsionary effort to inspire artists to scribble every bit of their dreams into reality. No matter how the world turned its back on you, take the next step and walk again. You see, embracing the artist’s life is like an infinite journey, no signal when it would end and how far can we go. All we know is we are born to walk this fate and keep the faith. For us Kuris Animators, the short journey we walked for the past few months is just an indication that we are born to do it. Though it may not be an absolute success yet and just a small amount of compliment, but we are grateful that many Ilonggos believed us somehow. We may have scribbled a piece of history in this side of the planet, but our heart is longing to sail the ship of passion further.
Before we start the Phase Three of Kuris Talk, I think it’s brilliant to summarize the best part of every Kuris Talk we’ve had. Everything that our team member have revealed and expressed are precious pieces of the whole collective legacy that we made. And now, we are sharing it to you before we unviel the rest. Let’s take a little trek back…

It's me,

Hex

Bryan Jandonero: Reveals his maverick artistic soul

IN HIS OWN WORDS:
Well, there’s no particular film that I can think of. Siguro gusto ko liwaton ang mga local nga pelikula nga may law-law nga special effects nga ginhimo sang mga Pilipino diri sa aton (maybe I want to recreate those local films with lousy special effect made by Filipinos). I want to improve the execution of special effects to make it more stunning and can compete with international films today. (On remaking old films in his own perspective)
Balan ko nga damo pa kita bugas nga kaonon bago kita makahambal sini pero amo ni ang akon naandan nga expression kada tapos sang amon mga projects (I know we have a lot of rice to eat before we can say this but this is my usual expression every time we finish our projects)…SUCCESS! (on his favorite expression)

IN MY OWN WORDS:
This guy wants to be a maverick. His mind radiates untapped potentials and out-of-the-box ideas that resembles his dream to make a mark like no other Illonggo artist I’ve ever met before. Mostly, his silence is spent contemplating and defining the odds with his innovative perspective of justifying his artistic soul.

Marx Ydroy Silva: The Avatar animates life

IN HIS OWN WORDS:
I truly admire Filipino illustrators who made a name internationally especially in Marvel and DC comics such as Whilce Portacio, Jerry Alanguilan and Carlo Pagulayan. I hope one day I can also be given a chance to work with them and showcase my talents in comicbook industry. (On his favorite comicbook illustrators)
Kon masubo ko eh or kis-a sa mga masubo nga inagyan ko (when I’m sad or sometimes from sad memories that I’ve been through). The more I get lonely, the more I get inspired to draw and use these feelings to push my artistic ability further. You see, I gain a sense of freedom from all the worries and heartaches in drawing. (On where he gets his inspiration to draw)
IN MY OWN WORDS:
In one corner of that small studio owned by another group of artists where we stayed to finish our animated project The BEQUEST, the scorching heat of the day and the hardship that were going through was forgotten for while to enjoy the magnificent animated series that has become our inspiration. An inspiration we discovered through Marx, a certified Avatar fanatic.
Marx Ydroy Silva, a 21-year-old amateur animator has become a significant player to the rise of Kuris Animation Unlimited.

Karlo Sira: Mentoring young Ilonggos for world-class animation

IN HIS OWN WORDS:
There are three words that pops in my mind when we talk about success, you’ve got to have discipline, perseverance and passion. With the right goal and optimism, we can reach our dreams and become successful in everything that we want in life. (On his definition of success)
Well, for sure Ilonggo animators are unique and gifted with raw talents for animation that deserved to be given some attention. My animation students are innovative, creative and determined to introduce new style amid the simplicity of the technology we use. I can see their struggles to perfect their craft and contribute something for the society. (On his opinion why Ilonggo animators are unique)
For me, I just want to share what I learned from my experience as a teacher and I’m sharing what I learned from those who shared their talents to me. It’s like a symbiotic effect. So, ‘share your talents! (On his goal and passion as an artist)
IN MY OWN WORDS:
All his life, he takes every step of the way in living and mentoring as a challenge to prove his worth, his undying hope to succeed. He started every endeavor by sowing seeds of hope and optimism, cultivate it with passion and determination until the day comes that he’s ready to reap the fruits of his labor. Being a teacher, he knew he’s destined for greater things… to inspire people of never giving up their dreams.

Ma. Racil Nacar: The girl with artistic stroke

IN HER OWN WORDS:
Aside from my family, tani updanay kami pirme tanan sa paglab-ot sang amon mga handom kag mangin close pa gid… siguro mahambal ko sa kaugalingon ko nga masadya na ang kabuhi ko kon matabo na (aside from my family, I hope we will all be together in reaching our ambitions and become closer…maybe I could say to myself that I’m happy with my life when that will happen). (On what completes her life right now)
This is all I’d like to say about our group-- we achieve our goals in the right way, we don’t lose hope in everything that we do, we don’t easily give up and think positive all the time. (On what makes her proud as a member of Kuris)
IN MY OWN WORDS:
Her innocent smile can sometimes cover her true potential as an artist, an uprising animator who belongs to a team of innovative and creative dreamers. Her soft-spoken nature and managerial skills often considered by his fellow animators as an asset that contributed to the visible success of every endeavor they pursue.

Jaylord Villalobos: The Transformer kuris animator unveils his passion

IN HIS OWN WORDS:
Siyempre galain man buot ko eh kay basi kuno wala pakadtuan ang work nga ini (of course, I feel bad about it because they thought I have nowhere to go with this kind of work). For me, I just follow what I love to do since I was a kid and I have faith that one day they will realize that this craft, my passion and talents will get me somewhere else in life. (On his response to the discouraging opinions he got from his family for his passion for animation)
To become a professional animator and work in one of the biggest animation studio in the world. (On his greatest dream as animator)
IN MY OWN WORDS:
There’s something phenomenal about Jaylord’s passion. Amid the risk and discouragements he sometimes gets from pursuing his passion, his spirit remains optimistic, determined and patient. When he put his heart in every goal and dream, he knows how to wait and hold Even now as an amateur Ilonggo animator, he knew he must climb mountains to prove himself better.

Brynh de los Reyes: When the cryptic kuris animator talks

IN HIS OWN WORDS:
Right now, when I see my five-month old daughter I fondly called “Lalan” there’s a lasting feeling of happiness and contentment. I wish I could be a good dad as she grow up. (On what makes him happy these days)
Of course, The BEQUEST! During the time we were making it, the pressure was very strenuous “kag abi namon indi na gid matapos kay ang iban nga tawo gahambal nga indi na kuno makalagas bag-o mag-January 25” (because we thought that we couldn’t finish it, other people kept on saying we can’t catch it before January 25--the showing date of the film). “ang malain pa gid kay bisan iban namon nga upod nadulaan salig nga matapos ang project (another bad thing was that some of our members have lost hope that we can finish the project), so they left us. But we finish it on time and the rest is history. (On the most important achievement of Kuris right now)
I want to say it in Illonggo dialect- “kami ang pinakauna nga animators sa Iloilo nga nakaobra sang 2D kag 3D animated nga pelikula nga bisan law-ay sa iban nami man gihapon para sa amon kay pinangabudlayan gid namon tanan” (On what’s the best thing being a member of Kuris)


IN MY OWN WORDS:
Brynh is cryptic. If I would be given a few more choices of words to describe him with a single word, I won’t change my mind. Sometimes, his magnificent ideas in making our project just flows like water of a riverbank with endless boundaries. But when his mood fluctuates, anticipate him to start blabbering crazy stuff and nonsensical lines that will make us laugh all throughout the evening. When things gets rough in our restless nights of doing our animated projects and pressures to finish it on time, this guy, this natural born joker entertained us with his wits and wags.

POSTSCRIPT:

The writer has absolutely no plan to interview himself or write something about him in Kuris Talk. But his Kuris friends encourage him to write something about himself. They say, he deserves to shed some light on his misunderstood personality. So I hope our blog readers won’t conclude that he’s one self-appraising fool. After all, expressing someone’s sentiments is encourage to make the world go round away from enmity. So here’s a sneak peek of my personal interview about myself (is there anything like this?)…

I won’t jump to conclusion that I am good in interviewing myself. I won’t be, I swear. Somebody told me in the past that if I would always struggle to impress other people, then I am fooling myself. Time goes by and I realize that I need to impress myself first in every artistic expression that I do. The rest of it doesn’t matter if I have pleased people as long as I did my best. (Oh his thoughts about talking to himself and artistic expression).
His friends and family would always say that he’s good in drawing. He was grade five when he tied first place in a poster making contest with a fourth year artist in their school. He used ordinary crayons while the fourth year artist used sophisticated watercolor. The judges of the contest were impressed by his artistic strokes. For them, it was phenomenal. (On his early artistic feats)
I love the way my Aunts raised me with radiant strength in my spirit, they knew I needed this when I face the tides of life someday. (On family virtues)
My best friends are the colors of my life’s spectrum. Though each comes in various colors and hues, they form a collective warm sunshine in my life to get over a day and another day of journey. but some people refuse to believe I value these prized possessions. they were wrong to conclude what I am made of. I know I am made of heart and dreams. (On his thoughts about friendship and himself)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nel, I like to read the whole article bout you post it na..

thje review was good and realistic.

Cheas

Anonymous said...

nice bryan

Anonymous said...

mayo gid man magtudlo si mr. karlo sa animation? din mapaenrol animation?

Anonymous said...

why aunts mu nag raise cmu haw? la ka parents?