Friday, May 23, 2008

Scrumptious escapade

Marky, what's on your mind looking at this Mang Inasal pic when you were in the middle of the BEQUEST work?
Hey, sorry Bray if you're still waiting for your next Mang Inasal lunch in the middle of our BEQUEST pressure.
Why does Mang Inasal makes me guilty?

Dear Kurisans,

I think my thoughts can’t wait right now. We always make unsure decisions that could hamper our way to do everything in life. Taking chances has never been easy for us Kuris Animators. I know we always have our own personal lives and agendas to fulfill. But you see, we are still bonded with the same passion and most of the time, we can’t resist to let someone in the group lose hope, fell to any tragedies in life or feel depressed with miseries. These feelings for each other; the best and worst time we’ve had together or even the most unexpected events keep us connected to grow, to learn and live life one step at a time. I think we trust each other. I know because we are there for each other without any conditions. We hope to keep that connection wherever fate will bring us someday.
Last week, we were struggling hard for so much stress and expectations. The Kuris special project boys--Marx, Bryan and Jaylord are expected to deliver their best shot with their current part time job in WVCST. I always have faith with these three Kuris guys whatever task they are assigned. The recent positive feedback for their effort in the special project “wowed” and impressed other graphic artists in Baguio that also submitted their work to earn a project contract. I know they really need a good break and part time job for now. They really need it to prove to their families that killing themselves in animation would bear fruits. I know you need it Bray prove something for your GF coz’ it’s the first you felt that way. Sometimes, I felt guilty for not giving them everything and all the reward they deserve in making the BEQUEST. Other people thought and even the disgusting peeps who theorized that we earn lots of money out of that humble project and we selfishly hide our earnings. False thinking I must say! The truth is: everything we got from the BEQUEST was the fruit of my friendship and trust by some loyal friends or connection from advertisers when I was still working as a journalist. I think I shouldn’t elaborate further why they trusted me and offer help whether in form of exchange deals of goods or minimal amount of money. Our promise was honest and sincere for strong publicity that would benefit their investments or expand their target market. I know I have satisfied them in a way that we delivered what we said and that our media friends were supportive. More than anything else, they saw our cause and motives as something worthy of their support. It was a success no doubt. For us, we don’t count success in form of money matters. We look at it as fruitful experience to expand our gift, our skills, our confidence and our horizon in the name of passion. But anyway, my point of discussing this topic is to express my little guilt of not totally pampering my fellow Kurisans especially my multi-talented friends—Marx, Bryan, Brynh, Aladin and Jaylord. Somehow, deep down inside I really felt sorry for making “tipid” of our resources from sponsors (I won’t call it sponsors, friends is the best term). If I would be given a chance to undo anything, I would surely try to be more open and generous to them. After all, they deserve the praise and big credits for making the BEQUEST a great success. I was just a visionary and giver of good concepts, they work their ass so hard to bring our group to the next level, to the top of the game. I must say now that they are the talent-factor of the team, the never-give-up players of life for Kuris.
The truth is: it pains me a little to recall what Marx said that they ought to eat our all Mang Inasal Gift Certs as reward for giving substance, justice to the project. I agree. It was the first Ilonggo animated film with breakthrough concepts, innovative techniques and the central point of our struggle a few months ago. People wouldn’t even believe that we don’t have our own computer and we are using low-grade programs. The craftsmanship in it was astonishing for amateurs like us. Well, it would raise the eyebrows of other irrelevant peeps in this blog but we are not bothered. We don’t talk too much. We just appreciate what we’ve been through. So guys, I really felt guilty for not giving you everything back then and sometimes you really get offended when Racil was so harsh to all of you. I know, she’s just doing her best to serve the team as a responsible treasurer and caretaker of the group. That girl has a tough heart to beat. I miss her somehow and looking forward to visit their fiesta next month in the far far Aklan. Well, Kuris guys, I am wholeheartedly thankful for giving your heart and soul for the team. I know, your success and the constant praises you get from your project heads or even those graphic peeps that were impressed by your maverick but amazing outputs were never wrong after all. I hope next time around when we have another event to hold, I would be more open and generous to all of you. I really really regret neglecting your feelings by not seeing the real struggling you’ve been through to keep ahead with life, the very hard life of an Ilonggo animator. I hope we will share another meal of Mang Inasal and spend everything without feeling guilt of losing it. It’s worth to pamper ourselves sometimes when we are giving our heart and soul to do something great. The fear of losing something clouded our sight to see the path of destiny.
But the only thing I ask from you is to take it easy. Splurging can sometimes be intoxicating and sharing is still the best way we can resolve who’s going to take the last bite of Mang Inasal chicken.

Sorry I’m a bit cheesy today,
XEH

POSTSCRIPT: Let’s celebrate your first salary by eating the same “carinderia” meals we used to have when we were broke. The cheap price of the meal is not the devaluating the flavor of our friendship. Thanks for accepting my eccentricities sometimes. Jay was right—you never look at me the way this homophobic world saw me, you look straight to what I can offer to the world right at the left side of my chest coz’ it beats for passion.

Interlude: If you want to know how scrumptious Mang Inasal meal, click the link below and see their latest advert at youtube.com. I'm still grateful they were one of our generous friends who contributed to the success of The BEQUEST and saving our tummy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6IbJ2FlYsQ

9 comments:

Kuris Animation Unlimited, Inc. said...

No, no idiotic commentors. We won't let you say something bad for Mang Inasal as one of our sponsors. Even if they are doing business, they still value the culture of the Ilonggos and share something good to the public and the less fortunate. the point here is: you are just soooo insecure that some good people understood our cause and helped us fulfill our dream. another reality: mang insal cooks the best chicken insal not just in Iloilo bit for the world as we.. the best advise i could give you is to free up your mind with the clouded thoughts you have. start something good without pulling down others or judging them irrationally. you can make a big leap for your dreams than settle in saying negative comments. Mang inasal for me is a great example of Ilonggo legacy that we should be proud of. now, where's your legacy?---bad comments without starting your own dream? judging peeps with your homophobic thought? as in pamantay kag magreklamo? don't play games with me. I will stand by thsoe who has a heart and deserve justice.

mga ipokrito namitan gid lang kamo sang mang insal pro. hinugay na da a sugiran nyo pa ko.

Anonymous said...

yum mang insal

Anonymous said...

kuris and mang inasal mayo nga paris gd

cheas

Anonymous said...

just don't mind those comments dat are negative. be porud that mang insal sponsored ur group to make the animation possible.

gakaon man na sila pati ka na.

Anonymous said...

cute story. i didn't expect animators can write and tell a good story.

keep it up. more sucess to come

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk some people can't be happy with others success instead of doing something on their own.

wish u well animators

Brooke de Vera

Anonymous said...

may unlimited rice pa sla?

Anonymous said...

gutom lang ya pre...enjoy

Anonymous said...

kamahal naman gani subong sang mang inasal. sige lang namit man